onsdag 25. oktober 2006

Ah, the power is back (after 5 days with problems) and I will again to to write. This Sunday we tried to attend a service at a local church we found last week. We were told it started at 9. When we arrived 9.20, there was no people there… A sign outside said the service started at 9:30. Then we met someone who said that because of rain it was postponded until 10. We arrived at 10 and then there were only 5 people present… This service lasted around 4 hrs, so when I my head around half way into the meeting, most people were finally present.










Some photoes from our walk to a neighbour city, Ishaka.
This week Anne and I are participating at some seminar StrommeFoundation is holding at the 7 schools they are working together with. For me, the highlight was in the breaks, when I went into the schoolyard and practiced my few runyankole words with the children, and made them teach me some more. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by 2-300 children. So many smiles and curious faces. How strange, but what joy!

2 kommentarer:

  1. How great you seem to be doing! I'm also enjoying myself to the fullest! Africa is great, you were right. And living without Norwegians is actually working out too. Have a great time!

    SvarSlett
  2. Wow, it seems as if you're back to what you love (in one way anyway)...All these children!

    SvarSlett